HTLF is unique and so are you. We all come from diverse backgrounds and experiences that help shape our company values. Our values are rooted in the belief that respect, equity and inclusiveness make us stronger together. The variety of experiences and lifestyles we bring to work every day provides insights that help us better understand each other and our customers.
Our employees, customers and communities benefit from our inclusive culture. But diversity, equity and inclusion are a journey, not a destination. That’s why we are:
- Strengthening our recruiting and onboarding practices to build diverse talent.
- Developing our Impact program to recruit high-caliber recent college graduates and young professionals. More than 60 percent of the two classes are diverse.
- Investing in our employees through diversity and inclusion training to maximize the experiences on our teams.
- Launching a Diversity Advisory Council to guide on key initiatives across HTLF and our Member Banks. The council will provide educational opportunities and foster strategic guidance, alignment and integration of DEI efforts.
- Continuing to improve diversity and inclusion in all levels of our company.
Enriching lives in our diverse communities is part of our mission.
- In April 2020, we contributed $1.2 million to nonprofit organizations that work directly with those impacted by COVID-19 across the states where we live and work.
- In October 2020, we donated more than $260,000 to high-needs schools, providing teachers with money to purchase the supplies and materials they need to help students learn in a safe and healthy environment.
- We are prioritizing our contributions towards K-12 education and small businesses to improve equity and inclusion in underserved segments of our communities.